Knowledge base


What application documents do I need when applying for a bachelor programme?

Modified on Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 08:12 AM

In order to apply and to determine your admissibility to an ESE programme, Erasmus School of Economics requires you to upload several documents in the EUR Applications Portal:
1. Motivation Statement. You can find the motivation statement template which you should fill out on our website. 

2. Passport copy. Students with an EEA nationality also may submit an ID-card. All identification documents must be valid for at least 4 months after the academic year starts.

3. Certified copy of your high school diploma. If you have not obtained your high school diploma yet, you should submit a certified graduation statement

4. Certified copy of your final transcript. If you have not obtained your high school diploma, you should submit a transcript of last academic year and a transcript with the grades that you have obtained so far during the current academic year.

5. Certified predicted grades statement. Students that have not yet obtained their final diploma, must submit a statement in which their high school predicts their final examination results. If your school does wish to cooperate with such a statement, you may upload your transcript of the current academic year again.

6. Proof of English proficiency (if applicable). If you are not exempted from the English test requirement, you must submit an English test certificate. You can find on our website which English certificates are accepted and which minimum scores apply.

7. Curriculum Vitae (CV). In your CV you should include activities that you have done outside of your schoolwork. Examples are mathematics Olympiads, model UN, charity work and other relevant (international) activities.

8. Other documents. Here you can include documents that you are not required to include, but that you would like include in your application. (For example, Nuffic validation of your current study or a Math certificate)

Certified documents

When we refer to “certified” we mean that the required document should contain a fresh stamp and signature of your school or a notary office.


All documents should be in English, Dutch or German (except the motivation letter, this always needs to be written in English). If your documents are written in another language, your school, a sworn translator or a notary office can translate your documents in English and certify them. Self-made translations are not accepted.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article