Knowledge base


Can I transfer credits from another university?

Modified on Fri, 20 Oct 2023 at 09:10 AM

If you think you have already obtained a course or other part of your degree programme on a comparative level, you can request the Examination Board for an exemption from this course or part of your degree programme. This is possible once you are enrolled in our University, not upfront. Exemptions are only granted if the content, level and scope of the course completed elsewhere are equal to those of the course from which you request exemption and are achieved at Dutch HBO bachelor's degree and/or University bachelor's or master's degree (from another university or faculty). It is not possible to obtain an exemption for the following courses or part of the programme:

  • Bachelor-1 courses
  • Bachelor seminar
  • Bachelor thesis

Bachelor-1 courses cannot be exempted, as all students are only accepted in year 2 of the programme, when all 60 credits (EC) in bachelor year 1 of our own programme are obtained, according to our Binding Study Advice regulation. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article