Knowledge base

New students

How many ECTS do I need to obtain to keep my residence permit?

Modified on Tue, 17 Oct, 2023 at 1:56 PM

The Erasmus University Rotterdam is obligated to monitor your study progress. The study progress monitoring may influence your eligibility for a student residence permit. This is because we must report to the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) in case you obtain fewer ECTS than is required ECTS the academic year and no valid exceptional personal circumstances have been reported. If you obtained less than 50%, the IND will revoke your residence permit and you are not allowed to continue your studies. You can switch to another study programme at another educational institution in the Netherlands. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article