Knowledge base

Current ESE students

Keeping your residence permit

Modified on Tue, 17 Oct 2023 at 01:59 PM

If you are a current or new international non-EU/EEA student, the university is obliged to monitor your study progress. This is because you can only keep your residence permit in case you obtain 50% or more of the required ECTS during the academic year, if no valid exceptional personal circumstances have been reported. If you obtained less than 50%, the IND will revoke your residence permit and you are not allowed to continue your studies. You can switch to another study programme at another educational institution in the Netherlands. 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article